If you are fed up with the coastal tourist saturation at the end of August, the beach is not the only option to get cool; the mountains nearby Valencia hidden paradises where water and nature come together. In the valleys of the region of Los Serranos, rivers and ponds proliferate creating authentic natural pools of calm waters and not crowded environments. Here we suggest some nearby examples to Valencia to make a refreshing day trip.
– The “beach” of Bugarra, It is a small “dam” stone in the riverbed of the Turia River, forming a large lake. It is one of the few ‘river beaches’ in the province of Valencia.
– The Puddle of the Growler, in Sot de Chera; It is a natural swimming pool created from the meander of the river that crosses the village.
– The Well of the Stairs, in Tuejar village; it is a small natural water lagoon formed by an ancient dam, where wildlife are kept in harmony as its microclimate and It is maintaining throughout the year constant water temperature of 18 ° C.
– The Clear Well in Ontinyent, where the Clariano River forms between the mountains of the Vall d’Albaida natural pools, where the water flow thorough icy and crystalline pools. The area is controlled and has limited capacity to safeguard the natural environment.
– The “Puddles” of Quesa, Near Quesa village in La Canal de Navarres area, where the Rio Grande forms multiple gorges and waterfalls at different levels, where the water presents spectacular greenish colours.
– The Salted Fountain, at the end of Oliva village, in the region of La Safor, here you are among a small orange saltwater lagoon, well known for its healing properties.